Out of School Care Program for 2020-2021 School Year!
No school? No problem! Our 'Out of School' Care program will help support your household during e-learning this fall school semester. Monday-Friday, 7 am - 6 pm at the Sports & Recreation Center, your child (K-5th Grade) will experience a safe and fun place for individualized learning! We will provide time and space for learning, arts/crafts, and exercise. Please keep in mind, this is not camp, but it's also not school! Staff are not teachers, however, they are there to help whenever possible.
Out-of-School Care Handbook (link coming soon! Please check back)
To register for the program, click on the appropriate link below. Payment plans are available. $50 will be due at the time of registration and the remaining balance will be equalized over the month and withdrawn every Wednesday of the month. In the event Community Unit School District 428 does not have school, this program will not be offered (but don't worry, we will continue to offer a Days Off School Program).
5 Days Per Week
3 Days Per Week
2 Days Per Week
Please note the registration will say it is 5 days per week but there will be a spot during the registration where you will choose the two days per week you would like to register for. You will attend those two days, not all 5 days.
For information on 1 or 4 days per week, please contact Greg Bruggeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (subject to change based on input; remote learning time will not change):
- 7:00 - 9:00 AM: Check-in and free play
- 9:00 - 12:00 PM: Remote learning
- 12:00 - 12:30 PM: Lunch
- 12:30 - 1:00: Activity time
- 1:00 - 3:00 PM: Active time
- 3:00 - 3:15 PM: Snack time
- 3:15 - 4:00: eLearning
- 4:00 - Pickup: Screen-free Free play
After registering, you will receive an email to complete medical & emergency contact information.
2020-2021 COVID-19 Program Guidelines
If your child gets sent home from school, s/he is not permitted to attend Out-of-School Care programs.
- Reduced program sizes while continuing to offer a 1:10 instructor to participant ratio.
- Participants enrolling in this program must adhere to social distancing guidelines as outlined by the State of Illinois and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Face coverings are required unless eating or outside with proper distancing.
- Minimize shared supplies, toys, and equipment.
- Frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Pre-packaged snacks and inviting snacks from home.
- The program follows CUSD428 guidelines.
- Park District staff will be self-administering Wellness Checks before every shift.
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of supplies, equipment, and physical spaces. Cleaning materials are certified by the World Health Organization to kill Covid-19.
- Zero-tolerance behavior policy. Refer to Program Handbook.
- One authorized pick-up person must be available ASAP if your child becomes ill during program time. Staff strongly encourage each participant to have one Authorized Pick-Up within 20 minutes of program site.
There will be a parent meeting on Friday, August 21 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. A link to the video conference will be sent out the day before the meeting. Participants will be muted and video will be turned off. Staff will review the parent handbook and give a general overview. In addition, parents will be encouraged to ask questions in the chat box. If you miss the meeting, a recording will be made and saved for future viewing.
Sign up to receive text message updates and announcements for the 2020/2021 School Year Days Off School/Out of School Care Program!
Text "2020 OFFSCHOOL" to 74499 to opt-in. Msg and Data rates may apply. Up to 12 messages/month. Text "STOP 2020OFFSCHOOL" to cancel. Text "HELP" for more information. Text "STOP" to cancel ALL Park District messages.