On a quest to keep your children occupied on school days off? Look no further! This exciting program includes indoor events, special guests, gym time, craft activities, and an afternoon snack. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing, closed toe shoes, and bring a nut-safe sack lunch and snack. There must be a minimum of 5 students to run the Before and After Care Program. Location: Sports and Recreation Center
Days Off School Program Dates:
Monday, September 6
Friday, October 8
Monday, October 11
Monday, November 22
Tuesday, November 23 and Wednesday, November 24
Thursday, December 23
Monday, December 27; Tuesday, December 28; Wednesday, December 29; and Thursday, December 30
Monday, January 3; Tuesday, January 4; and Wednesday, January 5
No Out of School Care Program would be complete without summer camp! You can learn more about Camp Discover here.
2020-2021 COVID-19 Program Guidelines
If your child gets sent home from school, s/he is not permitted to attend Out-of-School Care programs.
- Reduced program sizes while continuing to offer a 1:10 instructor to participant ratio.
- Participants enrolling in this program must adhere to social distancing guidelines as outlined by the State of Illinois and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Face coverings are required unless eating or outside with proper distancing.
- Minimize shared supplies, toys, and equipment.
- Frequent hand washing and/or hand sanitizing.
- Pre-packaged snacks and inviting snacks from home.
- The program follows CUSD428 guidelines.
- Park District staff will be self-administering Wellness Checks before every shift.
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting of supplies, equipment, and physical spaces. Cleaning materials are certified by the World Health Organization to kill Covid-19.
- Zero-tolerance behavior policy. Refer to Program Handbook.
- One authorized pick-up person must be available ASAP if your child becomes ill during program time. Staff strongly encourage each participant to have one Authorized Pick-Up within 20 minutes of program site.