• Huntley Park originally belonged to the City and was referred to as DeKalb Square.
• It was designed by the famed landscape architect, Jens Jenson in 1912 (the rock benches are part of the original furnishings from what we are told)!
• There used to be a large gazebo in the center and a water tower.
• Many of the trees were memorial trees planted for DeKalb WWI soldiers who lost their lives. Although no longer in the park, we still have several of the original memorial plaques in safe storage.